- The club will be called Premier Badminton Club and will meet between 7.30 and 9.30pm on Tuesday evenings at Lilleshall National Sports Centre.
Aims & Objectives
- To play, enjoy and promote badminton
- To ensure that all club members are treated equitably
Finances & Accounts
- All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
- The accounts will be kept by the Treasurer and audited annually.
- The financial year of the club will end on May 31st.
- Any cheques drawn against club funds must be signed by the Chairperson, the Treasurer or the Secretary. Cheques for amount over £250 must be signed by two of the above.
- Should Premier Badminton Club no longer be viable and the accounts need to be wound up then any residual funds, after all creditors have been satisfied, shall be donated to a club or organisation with similar aims and objectives.
Running of the Club
- The club will be run by a committee consisting of the Chairperson, the Treasurer and the Secretary.
- At the AGM, the committee will resign but will be eligible for re-election.
- All members will be subject to the constitution and codes of conduct adopted by the club.
- Membership fees will be set and reviewed annually by the committee and approved at the AGM.
- Prospective new members will have to complete a Membership Form which is downloadable here; new memberships are by invitation only and subject to approval by the Committee.
- All members must be agreeable to having their contact details held on the Membership List and must be happy to receive communication via phone or email.
Annual General Meeting
- The AGM will be held in June each year.
- At least 21 days' notice will be given to members.
- The Agenda will include:
- A report from the committee
- The Treasurer's report and the year's accounts
- Resignation of the current committee
- Election of the committee for the coming year
- Any other club business
- All members have the right to vote at the AGM
- Members have the right to call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) if this is agreed by more than 25% of the members; notice will be the same as for an AGM.
- This constitution can be changed only by majority vote at the AGM.
Club Byelaws and Regulations
Guests and Attendance of Members
- Club members shall be entitled to bring guests
- A guest shall pay a visitor's fee at such amount fixed by the committee and this will be reviewed from time to time.
- The committee reserves the right to decide whether or not to accept an application for membership.
- After gaining access to the courts, club members are asked to enter into their game as soon as possible in order to maximise the maximum number of games to be played during each club session.
- Club tournaments shall be arranged from time to time with the object of affording the opportunity to all members to compete.
- The committee shall have the power to deal with the arrangements for the holding of such tournaments in whatever manner they think fit and shall also have the power to co-opt members, if necessary, solely for the purpose of organising such tournaments. Any trophies will remain the property of Premier Badminton Club at all times.
- The Club shall maintain Liability Insurance.
- Currently this is held with Protectivity Business Insurance Ltd.